My Telemedicine - 24/7 access to Medical Assistance for Common Illnesses.
Telemed for LIFE is a modern, easy-to-use telemedicine solution for non-emergency illnesses and general care. Members have direct access to state-licensed and fully credentialed physicians, via phone or video consultations, to receive treatment and advice for common ailments, including colds, the flu, rashes and more. Physicians are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, allowing members convenient access to quality care from home, work or on-the-go. When medically appropriate, a Telemed for LIFE physician may prescribe a short term, non-DEA controlled medication that members can pick up at the pharmacy of their choice.
Doctors can be hard to reach, illnesses can occur in the middle of the night, and sometimes you just need reassurance that you are making the family member that's ill, as comfortable as possible. In all these circumstances, - and more, MyTelemedicine is a convenient and affordable solution. As a member of National General Accident & Health Short Term Medical plan, you have access to a National network of U.S. Licensed Doctors who are available 24/7/365 to treat, provide advice and recommendations and even diagnose common acute illnesses, which may result in a prescription called into the pharmacy of your choice*. You can receive convenient, quality care from a variety of licensed healthcare professionals.
When to use Telemed for LIFE:
- For non-emergency medical issues and questions
- During or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- If a member lives a significant distance from a primary care physician
- When a primary care physician is not available
- When traveling and in need of non-urgent medical care or advice
SIMPLE AS 1, 2, 3....
- BEFORE YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH A PHYSICIAN, Members should log on to the website listed on their Member ID card and complete a Member Profile.
- Members call 1-866-500-7065 or log on to your Life Prime Membership Portal to schedule a consultation with a physician licensed in your state.
- Members speak to a CARE Coordinator who will triage and update your electronic health records, along with all symptoms.
- Once, you have been triaged, your Care Coordinator will schedule a consultation with a state-licensed, fully credentialed doctor. The Member will have a consultation with a doctor who will recommend a treatment plan, and when medically appropriate, may prescribe a short term, non-DEA controlled medication that may be picked up at the pharmacy of the Member’s choice.
Some of the medical conditions that can be treated by MyTelemedicine:
- Acid Reflux
- Animal/Insect bite
- Blood Pressure issues
- Bowel/Digestive issues
- Eye Infection/Irritation
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Pink eye
- Poison Ivy/Oak
- Respiratory infection
- Skin Injury
- Sore throat
- Sprains & Strains
- UTI/Urinary issues
- Vaginal/menstrual issues
- Yeast infection
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace insurance.
Utilization thresholds may apply..